Last Updated: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 | 9:16 PM ET
An Ottawa man whose body was discovered in a Denver hotel might have died of cyanide poisoning, according to authorities.
Saleman Abdirahman Dirie was found dead at a room in the Burnsley Hotel, located several blocks from Colorado state capitol building. Police said he had been dead for several days.
Investigators found a bottle of white powder in Dirie's fourth-floor room. Police said they are trying to identify the powder, but that foul play is not suspected.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has said it is participating in the investigation.
An autopsy will be performed soon, according to the local medical examiner's office.With files from the Associated Press